Thursday, September 5, 2013

Yacht reflection

Our yacht went good yesterday.  The materials were 3 paper clips 1 split pin, a black rubbish bag, cardboard, cellophane, 2 ice block sticks, 2 meters of sticky  sellotape, 1 paint brush, 50 cm of string.  That,s all the materials that we were using to make our yacht.


I think the rudder  was good because it can turn both ways right and left as well. The rudder went well we made it out  of cardboard that I bent and 1 ice block stick. Then the buoyancy tanks that we made were made out of a  black rubbish bag and the rudder.  The buoyancy tanks were successful. The centerboard was successful as well as the base of the yacht and the bottom and the sides were both successful. The sail was made out of the cellophane.  The boom was made out of cardboard and so was the spirit pole and the pole for the sail. For the sail was the paint brush. So most of well really all of the pieces of the yacht were successful I reckon . The centre board did not fall out which is a good thing about the yacht.    


Well the negatives are the buoyancy tanks might not be quite successful but apart from that well everything I reckon  is successful. Also maybe the rudder and tiller because it doesn't quite turn all the way left and right turn its only just short of doing it full turn left and also right but I don't think there is any more negatives.    


Well the upgrades I would change  to mine and Liams and my boat is that maybe make the sail smaller.  Fix the  center board to make it even bigger because the yacht is quite large. But I would either make the yacht a bit smaller or I would make the center board bigger then it is now. Then I would make the mast that the pole sits in and also make it tighter around the sail pole.

The interesting  about our boat was that me and Liams are that the the base like a life like  yacht. The sail was close   but really close to being life like sail on the yacht.It was interesting making all the parts of the yacht turn and also move which was pretty awesome. It was awesome to make a yacht and I had a great time doing it.            

No comments:

Post a Comment