Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Flaxrock

It was morning tea time. We were playing handball just outside the classroom. I was playing with Ben ,Liam and some other people in the class. Then Mr M told us to come inside and sit down on the mat. Most of the parents were in the classroom. Then Mr M told us our traveling groups and who we were going with. I was going with Camerons mum. There were three other people that was coming with me Cameron and his mum. They were Brayden and Ezra. We were going in Camerons mums car. It is a blue Toyota Camry.

Flaxrock is in Flaxmere behind the Flaxmere library and pools. It is in the Flaxmere community centre. We drove to the end of Howard Street and then turned left on to Windsor Ave. Ave stands for avenue. Then turned right to go down st Aubyn Street. Then we turned left on to Sylvan Street. Then to the round about on Heretaunga street. Straight a little bit then down Riverslea Road. Murdoch Road then to the end of Murdoch road. Then on to Southampton Street. Then we drove down Wall road and then on to Maraekakaho Road. Then turned right on to York Road and some other streets that I didn't know the names. Then the last street was Swansea Street. Then up the driveway and then to the park in the carpark at the back. Then we walk to the entrance. We were waiting for Mr M to come. Then he got to flaxrock and he parked his Subaru Legacy.

Then we walk to the entrance. It was the first time that I have ever been to Flaxrock. Then Mr M went and talked to them to see if we had come to the right place. And it turns out that we had come to the right place. Then we walked inside and wiped our feet on the mat. Then walked through two hallways. We walked past the gym. There was some people in the gym were lifting some heavy weights that looked really heavy. Some others were on the treadmill.

Then we finally walked into Flaxrock. Then I looked up and I was thinking in my head and I was saying to myself wow this is not what I imaged it would be in my head. Then the whole of room 6 sat down on some wooden seats that I think they were welded to the ground by the looks of things. They looked like grandstands at the speedway ,but they weren't though. Then we got told to be quiet by Mr M. Then Aaron was talking to us about the rules and what to do. Aaron is the instructor that was there that day. He said if you touch the top of the wall you have to hit the metal pipe so that everyone could hear that you had reached the top on the climbing wall. I didn't do it. Instead I took photos of all the other people rock climbing. It was good fun taking photos of everyone else. My favourite thing was taking photos of all the people rock climbing. The challenging part was taking photos when they were at the top of the wall. The proud part was taking photos that were of people that were right at the top or near the top of the wall.                              

1 comment:

  1. Wow Jared.
    It was pretty cool to see room 6 facing there fears and making it to the top!
    Great writing, I like how you said the way you went there.
    We went a different way to you guys!

    ReplyDelete